Pages

Saturday 12 May 2012

Ivo Pogorelich


Short post, but I just want to introduce you guys to this amazing pianist if you haven't yet heard of him.

He's called Ivo Pogorelich, a Croatian pianist, known for his eccentricity and fabulous style haha

Actually, he's known for being eliminated from the 3rd round of the International Chopin Piano Competition in 1980, because the boring judges thought his style and behaviour on stage was inappropriate. I mean I seriously laughed at the last bit, guess they couldn't handle his fabulous self. Well at least Martha Argerich acknowledged that he's a genius and left the jury in protest. If I was her I would have done the same tbh.

He's definitely a genius, and his playing, I can't describe it, just go listen to these:

At the end the bitch face he gave the audience!!! omg this man is perfect


lol the way he entered XD I just don't feel the nerves when I hear him play, even though this is an international competition

hair flick at the end :D

but in all seriousness, he is a really good pianist. I especially like his Bach

4 comments:

  1. he was a marvel....his Liszt b minor sonata recorded live is the most passionate, heartfelt, stunningly beautiful rendition ever! Now: He is either contemptuous....lost....or just weird!

    ReplyDelete
  2. see http://musictonic.com/music/Ivo+Pogorelich

    ReplyDelete
  3. and http://floatingworldweb.com/FWW/#-2954

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my god, that guy is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete