Pages

Saturday 24 March 2012

KTZ - dress + shorts

On the 20th, I went to KTZ and purchased 3 items, a dress, a pair of leggings and a pair of shorts.

Strangely enough, I can't find any of them on the internet.. I guess it's because they're not your typical KTZ designs; the ones I chose has quite toned-down patterns (pics later).

I've heard about KTZ around last year I think, whilst I was browsing through London Fashion Week's designer lineup. I guess it was the huge Jeremy Scott obsession (with thanks to Kpop) that I began to notice that sort of style. But at that time, even though I found it interesting, I much preferred a classy, clean-cut look (browns, whites, blacks), so I ditched KTZ+associated styles to the back of my mind and it's been latent ever since... until I went to Japan. 

When I was in Japan, I read an article on KTZ and Kpop, which made me aware that a lot of Kpop artists actually wear the label. Since my knowledge of KTZ's collections were practically non-existent, I had viewed these Kpop music videos without realising that it was in fact KTZ. For example I had long had an interest in 2NE1's fashion sense (mind you though their debut outfits were NOTHING compared to what they wear now, in 'Scream', for example), but never really followed their fashion after the Jeremy Scott craze. After visiting Osaka's 'wild' fashion district, KTZ was definitely fresh in my mind (even though at that time I still didn't want to try wearing it oddly enough.. I was more into that young Oshare-kei look). 

When I came back to the UK, the girly, frilly gyaru look kept with me for several months, before I ditched it all for a simple, practical look (thanks to American Apparel and the such). Throughout winter it's always been grays and browns, but now the sun's out and the weather's warming up so I dug out all my purchases from Japan and started brightening up things When I heard about KTZ it again on facebook (and watched 2NE1's Scream MV XD) , I actually went in store to see what I could fish up.

Got these fantastic pieces, definitely my style, very toned down with dim patterns. 





It's like a boy's beach pants, but more sophisticated, better tailored, better shaped and uses a better fabric! Love them~













lol!

The creepers/boots/tings I'm wearing in the above pictures, they look like Japanese tabi shoes but are in fact platformed! Got them from Beyond Retro :) They're quite dusty and old, but omg sooooo freaking comfortable and that's enough for me!





Was thinking of studding them, doing some DIY and polishing it to make it less old looking and more individualistic. I have time on my hands now (I love you 5 weeks Easter holidays mwaa)~

So yeah! I've been vain enough in this post..
I still need to wear those leggings out and take some pics.. They're basically this design but in leggings form:


ciao! xx

6 comments:

  1. That last print is my favourite print everrr! I couldn't find anything I particularly liked though ; A ;

    But yay, KTZ love! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too! the leggings were the first thing that i liked!
      it took me so long to find something i liked, i saw the shorts and dress like right at the end! there was another dress i liked it was black with a white pattern and big shoulders, but it was too small huhu~~

      xxx

      Delete
  2. how much were the ktz items? prices please

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they were originally £280 (shorts) £250 (leggings) and £350 (dress) if i remember correctly, and were reduced to £28, £25 and £35 respectively, but since the shop keeper was lovely and had a conversation with me he reduced it to £70 altogether :) successful marketing on his behalf!

      Delete
  3. LOL Jing, you're rich! I must go down to KTZ at Easter. I too am in lov with the last dress and print... GIMEEEE. Bless me with your swag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. not! they were reduced at 90%+-!!!! LETS GO TOGETHER NEXT TIME!

      Delete