Pages

Saturday 24 March 2012

BIRTHDAY POST!! (food + creepers + Summer Camp)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME! (21st March 2012)
I'm 19 :)

The weeks coming up to this day I've been extremely busy meeting deadlines (which nearly killed me), so I actually didn't plan to so ANYTHING on the day..

BUT

my beautiful friend Kimberly Chai decided to go back to Shanghai a day late JUST to hang out with me on my birthday, which I thought was so so sweet of her. I was going to pay for everything we did on the day but instead, she came over and bought me amazinggg Vietnamese food, muffins, a baguette, and at the end of the day paid for my Italian carbonara pasta.

I LOVE YOU KIMBERLYYYYYYYYYY <3

concentration..

nom nom nom

chuu~

enjoying the sun..

she's now in Shanghai until the end of the hols so I feel pretty sad and ronery...

I was reading Suzie Bubble's blog post from a few years back about some good boutiques/shops in London (the unknown ones), and found some hidden in the backstreets of Oxford Circus/Regent Street (no, not Carnaby Street), so we went on a hunt there.

Unfortunately, we were perving over Chloe handbags, Alexander Wang T label and Simone Rocha shoes (omg, post about them later) that we left too late to do a proper exploration, so we just ended up going to Urban Outfitters to look at shoes..

If you're a Londoner you will know that Urban Outfitters are pretty up to date with the current trends IN SHOES (I'm not so much a fan of their clothes, but their shoes and bags I definitely am!) Back in the months when Jeffery Campbell was still the IT of the season, the Lita and Tardy were both on sale. Now, it's time for creepers, platformed converses to be dominating the shelves.

I saw just about every type of creepers/flatforms ever. Even tried on the highest looking one. Would have bought it, but the sole was so heavy that I didn't think it was worth it's price (they looked AMAZINGGGG though I would have got them if I didn't know that second hand/vintage shops also exist and you can get a bargain there).

In the end, just before my soul gave up wandering around for a good meal at Va Piano, we popped into Beyond Retro (Kimberly's never been!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) to see if we could fish something. Luckily for me I found a pair of amazing flatforms IN MY SIZE! it's like boots, but the leg part are leather socks. They're ultra comfy and so much lighter than the ones at UO. £22 sounded alright to be on my birthday so I got them XD They're a bit dusty and old fashioned, but I still love them :)

Sorry for the lack of pictures! Because I'll be using some of them for my next post :)



Top: China (can't remember which shop..)
Jacket: Uniqlo
Shorts: KTZ
Shoes: Urban Outfitters (Underground)
Bag: Paul's Boutique


these babies look different from every angle haha, in this picture they look like a pair of Tabi shoes (足袋) lololol


After a wonderful dinner and tearful parting with Kimberly, I made my way to King's Cross Scala to enjoy a night of live music by Summer Camp. They are the most amazing duo ever.. such gorgeous voices..

MY FAVOURITE SONG BY THEM: 'LAST AMERICAN VIRGIN'


NEXT FAVOURITE


OMG i just remembered! During 'Losing My Mind', they played the acoustic version of the song, whilst walking amongst the audience singing 'you don't love me like you used to' to random people. They stood on different sides of the auditorium, singing to each other about how they don't-love-each-other-anymore, which I thought was really clever. It's a bit like that romcom concept of finding your loved one in a busy place, and when you finally find each other you stand there looking at each other from afar (lol what?) A bit like this if you don't understand what I mean:
Liz grabbed onto a man which stunned everyone, but luckily he knew the lyrics to the song and actually sung it in tune to ease the embarrassment and earned him a round of applause and cheers from us (that was a cute moment XD).

DEEP LYRICS


MORE PICTURES IN THE NEXT POST WHICH I WILL WRITE IMMEDIATELY AFTER THIS!
xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment