Pages

Thursday 9 February 2012

i promise to revive this blog again..

I've been busy.

With uni, which I'm majoring maths in. It's a hell of a lot of work, mountains of problem sheets a week, plus piles of reading and practice.

Of course social life is important too, so I've been trying hard to balance healthily between the two, and also trying to get good amounts of sleep (which isn't happening today obviously).

I visited Japan for 2 weeks in the summer, it was absolutely enriching beyond words, I took masses of pictures but I don't think that really captured how I felt when I was there. (I mean just look at this picture I took, how can you not be in love with that billboard?) How clean and sustainable people there were, it's making me more interested in green sciences back at home, I'm sitting in sustainable development lectures out of my own time. How businesses thrived in every industry, in every corner of the country, how everyone went about their daily lives with no complaint.. people there gave off this unexplained healthy vibe, which made me willing to travel in the roasting heat for 2 weeks continuously. Not to mention hiking in the Japanese alps and of course shopping in THE Shibuya and the backstreets of god knows where.

Will make several posts with those pictures though so my lovely readers (haha), please check up on that when I'm done :)

I also brushed the dust off some of my photography folders and found some raw Paris photos lying there, and also some more the the 'London's Levitating Girl', modelled this time perfectly by my friend Georgia Thompson, whose amazingness I will rant on about in a later post.

Annnnddd, my uni's fashion show is coming up which I'm going to photograph for. The designers this year are definitely some of the finest amateur ones out there. We've got some astonishing new models so I hope I get some equally epic shots to show you all!

Lastly, London Fashion Week is coming up, which I'm going to (of course). Not particularly looking forward to the bric-a-brac bunch of people in their early twenties showing off their Michael Kors watch or Alexander Wang dress or Ferragamo whatevers. (In fact I have a HUGE thing against the ethos of fashion, and all the horrible ethical issues it's related to, please read Lucy Siegle's "To Die For: Is Fashion Wearing Out the World?" if you want to feel the same way. But I love how some people mix those colours and textures all over themselves. It's like smearing art on their bodies and my camera and I certainly love it). Butttt, I'm excited to get some beautiful shots of beautiful London people (and maybe bump into Liu Wen please please)

Current update over, and I'd just like to end this post in something different:

Recently, especially since uni life has started (or about to start for some people), everyone is seems to be feeling an immense burden on their shoulders to do well and achieve/exceed their EXPECTATIONS. The more thick headed are doing just that, whilst the more intelligent are taking a step back and questioning themselves 'what do I really want?' I just want to remind everyone that, whatever you do, achieve, gain in life, you do it for yourself and NOT for others to see. If your grades and work are the only thing others use to judge you on, then you've pretty much failed in life. So what if you get a job offer at so-and-so? About a million people out there have one too. What really inspires others is self confidence, not confidence to damage others' prides, and a pure, genuine heart when it comes to interacting with other people. My mum has always told me that what really matters in term of learning is your humanity, and all the rest is a responsibility for yourself and your own future. So, if you are currently being pressured by someone or something, ask yourself what you want, and never stop walking down your own path in achieving that.

That's all folks! Cookie for you if you've read this far! xx

1 comment:

  1. *noms cookie*

    I'm so glad you're back on blogspot! and I enjoyed reading this post a lot ♥
    I can't wait for more updates~ [and our levitating photos of course! that day was so much fun~]! ^-^

    So much knowing in this post..
    Even I needed reminding of what you spoke about in the last paragraph..

    我爱你!保重!♥

    ReplyDelete