Pages

Sunday 27 January 2013

i Collection AW12


I'm back after a longgggg hiatus to bring you this post.

Recently I've started a new blog, which I use as a microblog/longer version of twitter where I jot down my thoughts and store all my polaroid pics so I won't have to keep them on my phone.

Originally the plan was that I would write into it for a while, and once I think it is reasonably sustained then I'll tell you guys about it. But since the start of this year my life has been so packed full of uni work and internship hunting mania, naturally most of my posts on the new blog are way too personal and diary like, which right now I want to just keep to myself as a side project. I've decided that I still like posting long posts (which frankly probably no one reads) on this blog so that my readers get a better insight into the things I'm into and don't have to feel weirded out by my massive hormonal mood swings.

I do realise I need to finish off my Japan photo diaries (which after 2 years if still no where near complete!), which I will definitely once I sort my life out with this term's work. But today, I'll treat you guys with this amazing Japanese brand I discovered a week ago.

IKUMI is a Japanese model (runway+gyaru mag), photographer, artist, illustrator, traveller, blogger and more recently a fashion designer.  Who also happens to have the hottest boyfriend in the world of modelling AND happens to look like a blonde mythical goddess.

I was so impressed by the simplicity of her concept behind her AW12 collection that now I'm beginning to follow her activities a lot.

Imagine waking up on Sunday and you feel lazy. You take a shower, towel dry your hair and sit in your PJs, fresh faced and tired. A group of friends call you out for a free lunch in a posh cafe and you're dying to go, but can't be asked to do your hair or choose an outfit because it's Sunday and you'd rather be at home drinking hot chocolate.

So in that case, why do we HAVE to do our hair, wear makeup, or even choose an outfit?

Ikumi designed a whole wardrobe of pajama/casual/homewear fusion garments with an exceptional selection of materials. I'm no expert in fashion, but I see the loose silhouettes and it makes me want to BELIEVE in comfort and the fact that we can be stylist and be in utmost comfort. She designs them in a way that still makes her outfits edgy and wearable on the streets, but the people who turn back to look at you will be admiring the excellence of your attire rather than laughing at you because you look like you're still in your PJs.

She opted for flat shoes and fur boots, long cardigans in various pastel toothpaste colours, the craziest pants which look too comfy to even be pants, and cotton blazers with hoods. Not to mention the little details she adds in like her monster drawings printed as a motif onto the lining fabric.

Have a look at the AW12 collection:


I ADORE how the models were styled, with their towel dried hair bronze eye shadows and neutral lips. It's like a model-off-duty look which I'm completely enthralled with at the moment.

Even the catwalk is made of white carpet. The models must have LOVED walking on that and strutting their stuff without the thought of falling over, which portrays more confidence in themselves and I think the positive vibe reflects onto the garments. Overall it was a very well crafted show. The music is sensational as well.

If anyone knows the ending track with the twinkling bit, please let me know via comment!

Edit: FOUND!



If I could pick one thing, it would be this jacket with the monster illustration lining





SS12


AW12









SS13

Do want, but no iphone :(


I can think of so many outfits with this dress

cutest thing

IKUMI in 'i'

Yukata mens style

Loving this floor length white cardigan

Amazing coordi





Ikumi, I have my eyes on you!

No comments:

Post a Comment