Pages

Saturday 16 June 2012

The Ragged Priest + Remix I made last month

Before I start, a little update about life..
I FINALLY SETTLED ON A HOUSE FOR NEXT YEAR!

the place is massive, with 2 floors, and spacious kitchen and long balcony
i'm sharing with 2 friends, I've already started fantasising about how I'm going to decorate it, how to position the furniture and how I'm going to have massive sleepover parties.

Because my room can potentially hold like 5/6 people sdjhsdhsghsagh

but anyway

this is actually a continuation from my previous Topshop post

After hours of controlling my hunger I still found myself downstairs not for the shoe section but actually for EAT so I could grab a sandwich, but along the way it was hard not to set your eyes on the 3 racks that were taken up by The Ragged Priest~ so many studs and tie dyes everywhere. To be honest, this brand was never my thing, as in, I can't see myself wearing it nor can I see myself buying it. The idea was a bit superficial, no exciting core concept, the 'handmade' thing is interesting but the quality isn't to die for. But I don't know I still sort of like it, afterall it's a successful brand :)

So being the pauper I am, I just took in a million pieces to the changing rooms to sneak pictures HOHO


I really like this top, even though it was a bit see through.. I might make it or something haha


the quality of this top is so bad ;A; but the design is nice.. however I didn't like any of the punk metal bands on them though..


LOOOOVE this so much, it's so warm and pretty, really considered buying it, but it was £50 ;~~;


some weird medieval tunic thing that looked so ugly on me but I tried it anyway :)

I just googled The Ragged Priest's summer look, not sure what I feel about all the pastels and cliche dreamy looks (I hate the wigs) but if it's something you're into, check out their website :)




On to music!

Around a month ago I made a jazzhop (not really lol) remix using some tracks from some of my favourite artists. It's old news now, but I don't think I ever blogged about it... Anyways, here is the final work and also the original tracks I used :)



Originals:

Consider My Love - Kenichiro Nishihara (ft Pismo)


Kondor - Tribute to Nujabes


Alva Noto - Uni Rec


Alva Noto + Ryuichi Sakamoto - Trioon I


Right now I'm working on a dream pop instrumental (which was actually supposed to be a remix of Twin Sister's 'I Want A House', but I cba isolate the vocals or cover it with my own voice haha)

I'm got a great intro sorted out already, but the body is taking me so long because I had planned to use a lot of tracks by Toro Y Moi (Lissoms and Blessa to be precise) AND instrumentals by Gil Scott-Heron & Jamie Xx, but my intro has a bass riff and drone in a different key which I want to keep. I've tried so many things and I still don't know what to do, but hopefully something will work pretty soon. In the morning I actually remembered a Kuramoto piano track that might work.. haven't tried it yet but I'm lazy and I was watching Up..

But when I get it done and get it reviewed I will obviously post it here :)

ciao xx

No comments:

Post a Comment