Pages

Wednesday 4 April 2012

Simone Rocha SS12 + AW12 (picture heavy)

I should be studying, but I'm taking a light break to come here and gush over Simone Rocha and her latest collections.

I'm beginning to really love her unique techniques of layering and use of eccentric fabrics. I'm no guru in textiles, but to me she really knows what materials to use to create the best effects. Lots of sheer fabrics, English lace and a clever balance between femininity and masculinity.

SS12






Details: (all pictures from www.stylebubble.co.uk)

I'd kill just to wear this once. It would be like standing in art. I wonder how long she spent to complete this piece... Reminds me of what the Little Mermaid would wear in the Russian film.







AW12






All pictures and videos above from Simone Rocha's official website: simonerocha.com

These white shift(ish) pieces look like paper cutouts, so delicate and intricate. Kinda reminds me of Chris Natrop installations and works by Katy Horan:

Chris Natrop (all images from his official website: www.chrisnatrop.com)






Katy Horan (all images from her official website: www.katyart.com)




I wonder if she's ever been to the Lost in Lace exhibition!

Also, check out these wild shoes!! Heels but gives the illusion of tiptoeing on Oxford shoes. Plus she's embedded these cute hipster crosses on the leather. Want to own a pair (or any pair with glass/plastic heels) so badly... But these don't come cheap so at the moment I'll just keep dreaming about them..







This bag too!!!!!! Looks like something out of the V&A Museum







All pictures above from www.stylebubble.co.uk







1 comment:

  1. Wow~ I'm loving all the lace! c: Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete